Make this delicious pan-fried tilapia recipe tonight, and you're sure to please the kids as well as the adults at your dinner table. And if you love cooking easy healthy recipes, you'll also be pleased.
This easy recipe for tilapia filets comes from Jason, publisher of Freshwater Fishing, a website full angling tips and techniques as well as some wonderful freshwater seafood recipes.
Here's what Jason told us about how he happened to make this delicious but easy recipe:
I've been wanting to cook up and eat some fresh homemade tilapia, so I put together this pan-fried tilapia recipe. One nice thing about this tilapia fish dish is that it's quite easy to prepare. And the best part is that my kids loved it enough to request a second helping. Good thing I made plenty to go around.
For those of you whom have never experienced handling tilapia, it's a light and flaky fish with a nice sweet sensual taste. So you really don't always need to do too much to it to manipulate its mouth-watering flavor.
And as a precautionary heads up, because of its light texture I would advise to use somewhat more delicate care when handling your tilapia fillets, as opposed to fish fillets of something like striped bass or salmon. Otherwise, it may just fall apart on you before you even get a chance to toss it over the flame.
1. Add about a quarter inch of canola or olive oil to a frying pan and preheat over medium high heat.
2. Lightly season the tilapia fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper to desired taste.
4. Shake off the excess flour mixture from the fish fillets. Then add the coated fillets to the preheated frying pan.
5. Allow the fish to cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until it's a beautiful golden brown.
6. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain.
7. Serve the pan-fried tilapia fillets immediately while they're still warm.
Here's how Jason suggests serving these mouth-watering fried fish filets:
I'm serving them here in the picture (at the top of the page) with a lemon slice, tarter sauce and a side of seasoned French fries, which seems to satisfy my kids a lot. Besides, it's really simple to throw together. Yet, you can serve them with your very own side dish and drizzle them with your favorite toppings or sauces. Enjoy!
Jason, thanks for sharing this delicious recipe - it's become one of our favorites!
Check out more of Jason's delicious fish recipes.