Fashionistas love shopping in Paris - and not just because of the luxury haute couture showrooms along "the Golden Triangle" and in grand department stores such as Galeries Lafayette where you can snap up the latest creations from Dior, Hermès, Louboutin, and other famous famous designers.
Paris practically bursts with wonderful places to shop where you can find top Parisian, French, and international fashions as well as decor, antiques, and home goods at prices ranging from high-end to affordable to downright cheap.
You can easily spend days exploring the small boutiques in trendy neighborhoods such as the Marais and Canal Martin, weekly pop-up street markets and lively pedestrian-only market streets, almost-hidden antique villages, historic glass-roofed arcades, treasure-filled cookware stores near the old (and now new again) Les Halles market area, glistening new shopping malls, bargain-filled (and high-end) flea markets, and even a discount designer mall just a short train or bus ride from the city.
If you're in Paris from mid-November through the end of December, stop by the festive Christmas Markets that spring up around the city. In January-February and June-July, don't miss the famous winter and summer sales.
Where to begin? Use our Paris Shopping Guide to decide where to start your adventures - and then go wherever your passion leads you!
Top Photo - Latin Quarter clothing boutique with street artist Jérôme Mesnager's ghost-like Man in White (L’homme en blanc) on the wall
Paris Shopping Guide
Paris Shopping Tours & Excursions
These fun tours make shopping in Paris easy - and will give you great ideas about even more places to explore on your own:
- Fashion History in the Heart of Paris - You'll walk along Rue Saint-Honoré, Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré, and Place Vendôme with an expert fashion industry professional as you learn about the history of Parisian haute couture and famous designers, as well as current fashion trends and insights into today's fashion industry. You'll also get a list of recommended boutiques and stores. This is a private tour for 2-8 people. Find out more
- Small Group After-Hours Visit to the Yves Saint Laurent Museum - This VIP after-hours tour lets you explore the historical fashion house and studio of France's great couturier, Yves Saint Laurent, as well as learn about the process of creating an haute couture collection. A highlight is seeing displays of his work from the museum's trove of 5,000 of his creations. Please note: This tour is offered in English and in French - so choose the one you want. More details and booking info
- Chocolate Walking Tour - The glamorous fashion district around Madeleine Church and Rue Saint Honoré boasts numerous gourmet chocolatiers - and you'll visit 5 of them on this popular tour and sample their mouth-watering creations while you learn about French chocolates. Find out more
More ways to experience Paris fashion***y-gyg-paris-shopping.shtml***
More Shopping Tips & Recommendations
- Best Flea Markets in Paris for Finding Big Bargains - These smaller flea markets offer you cheaper deals than the more famous and much larger Marché des Puces flea market - find out where to go!
- How to Claim a VAT Refund - Find out how non-EU residents can claim a refund on the VAT tax - and how much you can really save
- Pedestrian-Only Market Streets in Paris - Discover shopping and dining along Rue Cler, Rue Montorgueil, and other pedestrian-only Paris market streets